Florida SBDC Network
The Florida Small Business Development Center Network (FSBDCN) is a statewide partnership of higher education, economic development organizations, chambers and other sponsors dedicated to the economic prosperity of Florida. The FSBDCN is one of eight original national Small Business Development Center (SBDC) pilot programs. Funded in 1976 by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), the program successfully links the state’s education system with community outreach to aid in the development and education of the state’s entrepreneurs and small business community.
Starting with only two service centers in the first year of operation, the FSBDCN has grown to a statewide network of approximately 30 centers involving universities and community colleges, as well as other economic development partner organizations. Additional outreach is provided at approximately 60 circuit rider locations. Today, the FSBDCN is one of more than 60 SBA-funded SBDC programs, with locations in every state and U.S. territory. As the largest statewide provider of entrepreneurial services, the FSBDCN plays a vital role in Florida’s economic development initiatives as the only organization that:
- Assists entrepreneurs in all stages of business, from prospective entrepreneurs to mature small businesses looking for growth opportunities;
- Works with firms in all industry sectors;
- Utilizes the expertise and resources of some of the best colleges and universities in Florida;
- Has access to the resources of a national network of more than 1,100 centers; and
- Is nationally accredited by Congressional mandate.
If your business is located outside the FSBDC at UCF area, please check with the Florida SBDC Network for the FSBDC nearest you. If you are outside the state of Florida, you may visit the SBA/SBDC Partnership site to find your nearest FSBDC.