How this Event Works
- Each person will register for 1 of 3, two hour time windows
- Each ‘time window’ will consist of – 30 minutes of overview and debrief with the Florida PTAC team and 90 minutes to meet with agencies. The overview and debrief are mandatory components.
- Additional time windows will require additional registrations
- The cost is $50 per person per time window.
- Within the 90 minute window, you will have 10 minute segments to meet with agencies We will notify you when the 10 minute segment is complete to move onto your next
- During the ten minutes, you can present your customized ‘elevator speech’, offer your Capabilities Statement, explore the agency’s buying forecast, or advance an already existing relationship.
- We will ask that you be respectful of everyone’s time by promptly moving to the next agency after each 10 minute segment is complete.
- Unlike previous years, there will be no exiting the room between agency meetings and no appointments. Each person will meet with their desired agencies on a first come, first served basis.
- When your two-hour time window is complete, you are done – no need to come back for appointments later in the day. (Unless you have registered for more than one time window).
- Please come to matchmaking event at least 20 minutes before your time window begins. If you’re time window isn’t the first time window, there is no need to be at the matchmaking event at 8:00 am.
- Only registered individuals that are registered for their corresponding time windows will be allowed to be in the matchmaking rooms. All others will wait in the waiting area.
- Pre-registration is required as space is limited. “No walk-ins” allowed under any circumstances.
Is this Event for Me?
This matchmaking event is designed for more experienced government contractors. Businesses that are new to government contracting may get frustrated and find the process ineffective. Three questions to ask yourself are:
1 – Has your business been generating revenue for at least the past two (2) years?
2 – Is your business a registered vendor in some combination of SAM, or MFMP, or local agencies?
3 – Do you have a “Capability Statement”?
If you answered “yes” to each of these questions then this event could be a great next step in your government contracting efforts!
$50 per person per time slot
The Florida SBDC at the University of Central Florida is a member of the Florida SBDC Network, a statewide partnership program nationally accredited by the Association of America’s SBDCs and funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Defense Logistics Agency, State of Florida, and other private and public partners, with the University of West Florida serving as the network’s lead host institution. Florida SBDC services are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Language assistance services are available for limited English proficient individuals. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities and/or limited English proficiency will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. To request accommodation or language assistance, please contact the FSBDC at UCF at 407-420-4850.