Government Contracting Services through the Florida Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
Government Procurement Assistance
The Florida PTAC at UCF specializes in working with government contractors to develop and hone their skills, knowledge and abilities in targeting government contracts at the federal, state and local levels. The Florida PTAC at UCF is part of the Florida PTAC network and services an eight-county region that includes Brevard, Flagler, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Sumter, and Volusia counties.
- One-on-One Consulting Services: PTAC works with established government contractors and companies newer to the procurement process. Regardless of where you are in the process, we will help you identify and prioritize your actions steps and hold you accountable to get them completed. Government Contracting Action Item Checklist.
- Marketing and Business Development Support: PTAC Consultants are able to help you develop marketing collateral (i.e. custom capability statements, DSBS, website strategy, etc.), develop an ongoing networking and relationship strategy, and support your opportunity capture and proposal development efforts. Download Capability Statement Template.
- Research Support: PTAC helps our clients develop sustainable research strategies using both publicly available tools such as Contract Opportunities, FPDS, and USAspending but also PTAC-specific tools such as FedMine, Gov$pend, TeamingPRO, and Bid-Match. Take the Research Challenge.
- Professional Development: Through our partners at the SBDC, SBA and other agencies, PTAC offers a training calendar throughout the year designed to help business owners, and their staff, better understand key aspects of government contracting. PTAC clients also have access to ‘Govology’ a live and on-demand training resource at no-cost. Govology Course Directory.
The Florida PTAC at UCF Team:
The PTAC at UCF team is one of the few multiple member PTAC teams in the country where every member has a national procurement certification. Our team members are:
Jean Hill, PTAC Program Coordinator (APP, Certified CVE Counselor): email@example.com
Kara Vernon, Procurement Specialist (CPCM, NCMA Fellow, Certified CVE Counselor): firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve South, PTAC Manager (CPP, Certified CVE Counselor): email@example.com
Consulting sessions are confidential and no cost. To make an appointment, please click on the “Request for Consulting” link below. If you have any questions, please contact Jean Hill, PTAC Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-420-4430.
Florida PTAC at UCF Office Locations:
- National Entrepreneur Center (NEC) inside the Orlando Fashion Square Mall: The mall’s address is 3201 East Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL 32803. The NEC is located between JCPenney and Planet Fitness. Park in the mall’s parking garage.
- Eastern Florida State College – Cocoa Campus: 1519 Clearlake Road, Cocoa, FL 32922, Building 20, Room 232A (inside the Admissions Suite 233). Elevator is in the center of Building 20. Once you exit Elevator turn left out of the elevator and enter at 233 Admissions & Advisors suite on your right.
The Florida PTAC also has standing monthly meeting days at Daytona State College and the UCF Incubator in Research Park.
Note: All PTAC Consulting Sessions are by appointment only.
© 2019 – This Procurement Technical Assistance Center is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency. Government Contracting Services are offered by the Florida Procurement Technical Assistance Center headquartered at the University of West Florida (State Office)