Business Continuation Services
Ensuring Florida is Open for Business
Research shows that approximately 40 percent of businesses that close following a disaster never reopen. You spent a lot of time, money, and effort building up your business, so you want to protect it. Disasters of all types, whether man-made (cyber attack or data breach, loss of a key employee, road construction that displaces traffic, supply chain interruption, etc.) or a natural disaster (hurricane, flood, drought, freeze, etc.), can threaten businesses no matter where they are located. These interruptions can make it difficult for small businesses to keep the doors open. To improve your chances of staying in business should the worst happen, every business owner should have a plan in place.
How We Can Help
Business Continuity, Emergency Preparedness, and Disaster Recovery Plans
As a principal responder in the state’s Emergency Support Function (ESF) 18 for Business & Industry, the Florida SBDC Network is a key economic development organization that supports disaster preparedness, recovery and mitigation through its Business Continuation services. Our professionally certified business consultants provide consulting at no cost, and training events to help you minimize losses and increase survivability when affected by natural and man-made disasters. Our specialists can help you develop a comprehensive business continuity, emergency preparedness, and disaster recovery plan tailored for your business at no cost.
Disaster Recovery Assistance
In the event of a disaster, our professionally certified business consultants can assist affected businesses apply for state and federal disaster loans, as well as other post-disaster challenges, at no cost. Visit our Disaster Recovery page to learn more.
Ready to get started with the Florida SBDC?
- If you are a new business, visit the New Business section of our website.
- If you are an existing business, visit the Existing Business section.
- Once completed, you will complete the online Request for Consulting application that will be forwarded to the Florida SBDC that serves your area.
- www.FloridaDisaster.org – Florida Division of Emergency Management
- www.FloridaDisaster.org/GetAPlan – Get a Family or Business Plan
- Preparedness app from FDEM Google Play iTunes
- Ready.gov – Business – Information for Planning and Protecting Your Business
- www.flvbeoc.org – Business Damage Assessment Survey
- www.FloridaDisasterLoan.org – Florida Emergency Bridge Loan Application
- www.SBA.gov – Federal Disaster Loans
- www.fema.gov – Federal Emergency Management Agency
Please contact Eunice Choi, Florida SBDC at UCF Regional Director